Wednesday, November 27, 2013

WAITING

God has always rewarded my waiting for His time and circumstances. I especially see this in the great jobs I have had over the many years. My contract job with the gas company in Welland after returning from Europe after I became a Christian. My job at Solar Systems in Vancouver when going through Bible School. My job at General Motors after returning to Welland and finishing my "apprenticeship" at Rosedale. My job at JT Plumbing in Nipawin after returning from schooling in Chicago. And my job at Orchid Automation in Cambridge when we came back to Ontario. All of these were rewarding jobs which led us from Welland to Bible training in Vancouver and Chicago and then back to Welland and to the pastorate at Rosedale for 12 years. Now I am waiting again and know that I will not be disappointed as I look to the Father. In His time and circumstances He continues to lead. I have not worked for 24 days now and anxiously await what is coming next both for work here and for what next year will bring in terms of mission service. Winter work is just being released so the oilpatch is starting to come to life again.

I remain in good health but am recovering from a cold. Still keeping busy with small repairs around the house, reading, prayer and trying to memorize Matthew 24. I will keep you all posted and hope to see you at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment