Monday, December 16, 2013

STILL ALIVE

Greetings family and friends. Yes, I am still alive and much looking forward to getting home for Christmas. Working in -40 degree weather can do that to a guy.

After the airport job I went to Ben and Ashley's in Nipawin and was off for 36 days. Getting to know Ben and Ashley and Vance on a family level was worth the time off.

Now I am working about 30 km West of  Lloydminster. Lloydminster is a single city in two provinces, bisected at the fourth meridian, with the largest border markers in the world, . (Commemorating Lloydminster's distinctive bi-provincial status, a monument consisting of four 100-foot survey markers was erected in 1994 near the city's downtown core.) The town I am working near is called Kitscody (population 967). We are building a pad to expand a hydro substation. I am driving a 40 ton Rock truck.



I also purchased the company truck I was driving as the company was getting rid of that truck and some other vehicles and machinery. So now I have wheels and also get a per-Diem amount for the use of my truck when I am working.


I am not sure how long I will be home for Christmas break but hope I can stay until mid-January. It would also be nice to take a holiday for a week somewhere in the hot Sun during that time but we will see if that works out.

I hope to see a number of you soon. Remember Spring is just around the corner, but the streets are a little longer out West.

May the truth of Jesus Christ our Savior coming to earth to save wretched sinners like you and me through His death and resurrection warm your hearts and cause your lips to move in worship to the God of Grace. Soon, very soon, we are going to see the King. Let that thought put a smile on your face today.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you again, Ron. I am not sure of the status of "The Café" after the fire, but it should be ready for us by the time you return. God bless.

    ReplyDelete