Friday, August 9, 2013

NOW GO NORTH

After three days of learning and earning certificates, of probing and testing, and of orientation, I am on my way to camp. I have been fully certificated, testicated and orientated, from my steel toed boots to the top of my hard hat. Today, Friday I started my new job. Here is a picture of all the certificates I earned and the standards I had to meet.



Yesterday they gave me a service truck to drive which is mine to use to fuel and service my vehicle and travel as needed. Notice the big red tank of diesel fuel at the back and the tool box. No diesel stations out in the woods.


What a beautiful 5 hour drive up to camp. I am about 1 1/2 hours North of Lac La Biche, Alberta, near Conklin. I saw a mama bear and her two cubs on the way up. A beautiful Blue prairie sky with fluffy clouds and bright sunshine. Just one of those perfect days for driving through an amazing wilderness country. Made it to camp by 4 and checked in. More about the camp next time. Ben will be my neighbor.

Another aspect of this area that excites me is all the various kinds of equipment and trucks that are zipping around. It is a whole different world up here. Below is the picture of a "remote wireless truck". You just park the truck in the middle of nowhere and "instant internet and phone access". The type of trucks and what they are hauling shows how creative and intelligent man can be and reflects on the wonder of our God in whose image we are made.


I have been reflecting on the wonderful grace of God as I have had to earn my certificates this week. I am so glad that eternal life is a free gift that God gives. And yet there is a focus to our faith and we do need to hear and know about Jesus Christ the Son of God who willingly sacrificed himself for our sins, so that we can make Jesus the focus of faith so that God can give us that wonderful gift of salvation and eternal life. Our task is to make Jesus the Savior and Lord known. I praise God for the opportunities so far. Now for my first camp meal. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear all about your adventures, Ron! Mel says for you to remember to eat lots of salads!! Haha Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete