Tuesday, November 6, 2018

BIBLE HEROES

TRIP TO LIBERIA: I received my Liberian visa yesterday. Thank you to Diane and Ashley and the Bishop family for their help in this process. Continuing to prepare notes in what looks to be a very very busy month. Please pray for me this month and for donations to my trip. (see tab above for details on donations). Thank you to those who have already donated and are praying.

PRAY WITH ME FOR AFRICA: Algeria is 80% desert and 99% Muslim with 100,000 Christians (some estimate it may be even higher) with a majority from the Kabyle Berbers. There is an exemplary unity between the Berber and Arab and foreign Christians which provides a strong contrast and testimony against the backdrop of the animosity of those outside the faith. Pray for continued growth in the church in Algeria.

 The flag features two equal vertical bands of green and white with a red, five-pointed star within a red crescent centered over the two-color boundary. The crescent, star, and color green are traditional symbols of Islam (the state religion).


I have two new bible heroes. My longtime bible heroes are Abigail and  Uriah because of their loyal character but this week I want to add Boaz and Ruth to my short list of heroes to emulate. I have been studying the book of Ruth in preparation for teaching with TLI in December in Liberia and my heart has burned within me with delight and praise (Luke 24.32). I admire the moral stature of Boaz along with his lovingkindness and faithfulness to Yahweh. I admire Ruth's courage and lovingkindness and devotion to Naomi. These are character traits I want to strive for.


I want to encourage you to slowly read the book of Ruth and to imagine what is taking place and to notice the character of those in the story as the story unfolds. Ask God to warm your heart with His Love and Lovingkindness to you as He fulfills His promises and shows you His worthy character through this story. God's steadfast love endures forever (Psalm 139).

 Good Articles This Week:
 1) The Old Covenant is Over; The Old Covenant is Authoritative
2) Pakistan Protests Delay Release of Asia Bibi

No comments:

Post a Comment