Sunday, September 29, 2013

DANCING

Today (Sept 19/13) I was attentively listening in on someone’s conversation. I listened to them for 10 hours. The conversation was still going on when I left. That conversation was so refreshing to listen to and stirred my vivid imagination. It was moving and stimulating. Now let me explain.
I was diverted to the road reconstruction crew this morning. The road crew operate their CB communications on a different channel than we use at the airport construction site. It just so happened that another construction crew from a different company, working who knows where (I found out where the next day) chose to use the same channel as our road construction crew. And so for 10 hours I followed this one conversation as I worked.
The conversation was between a spotter on the roof and the crane operator on the ground who could not see what was happening on the roof and was completely guided by the spotter to move his boom, and lift and lower his load.  Both the crane operator and the spotter were well experienced. It was magic to hear them work together and to imagine what was going on. It was like the working out of a symphony, note by note. They were in perfect sync even though the crane operator could not see what was happening on the roof and the spotter could not see the crane operator below. Everything was done with prearranged words familiar to both of them. It was like a beautiful flowing dance between the spotter and the crane operator as together they moved each truss to its designated place.
Since this was my first time on the road crew running an 815 packer I had to be told a lot of things and made a few blunders. But by late afternoon I was "dancing" with the grader and we got into sync and I began to anticipate his movements and he mine. I noticed this same kind of synchronised dance about a month ago between two dozer operators who were working together on a berm. They moved toward and away from each other, sometimes coming within inches, as if the whole thing was choreographed. It just gives me a sense of joy and satisfaction inside to see such things. It also reminds me of how I am to live in sync with God through His Spirit, a dance of life filled with peace and joy and harmony as I abide in Him. One day the dance will be perfected, when there is no more sin and we have perfect bodies and minds and souls to respond to God. Until then we can abide in His amazing love and strive to be in sync with the Father every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment