Monday, August 5, 2013

Tired but in good humour

I am in Lloydminster, which is mostly in Alberta but also partly in Saskatchewan. Sunday I flew to Edmonton via Hamilton and Calgary. Good flights and connections. Had the great privilege of sharing about the gift of heaven with a woman from St Catharines who attends church where my grandkids school is located. Also met two Ontario men going back to the oilfields. There is an incredible amount of work out here.
Yvonne and Tony, friends from a number of Honduras trips, picked me up at the airport and took me to visit the West Edmonton Mall at my request. What an amazing place with ice rink, a massive water park with even more massive water slides, and an absolutely amazing amusement park with the most amazing of all roller coasters `The Mind Bender``. I have found my quest for my 65th birthday - ride the `Mind Bender``. After the mall we visited another couple I met in Honduras who are building a massive straw house in Ponoka. This was a structural experience of 9.000 square feet proportions. I stayed overnight at Tony and Yvonne`s in Ponoka. I went to bed at 11:30 pm and it was still light out, the long days of the northern Summer.
Today, I took the bus from Edmonton (thank you Tony and Yvonne for the ride to the bus depot) to Lloydminster. I am staying at Ashley`s (Ben`s wife) aunt while I do my training this week. She and her husband have three oilfield workers who board here at $790 a month for a room. I am boarding here for a week.
Tomorrow I begin four days of training, testing and orientation. Tired and going to bed early while it is still light out.


1 comment:

  1. No matter what our age is, we are always learning with guidance from God1

    ReplyDelete